In our quest of how to make salsa from scratch, here’s a great little salsa recipe that’s guaranteed to please: A fresh salsa recipe that’s simply delicious.
3 medium tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped green onion (include the white portion)
1/2 cup diced green pepper (optional)
1/4 cup cilantro (or flat leaf parsley if you’re not a cilantro fan)
Juice of 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. Chop tomatoes.
2. Add other ingredients and mix gently.
3. Adjust seasonings to taste.
• This salsa tastes great both with and without the green pepper.
• You can use fresh or frozen pre-diced peppers. You may want to be more liberal with the lime juice – be adventurous if you like. It tastes great with this amount.
• You could easily increase the cilantro amount. The more the better, in my opinion. (Some of you may think the stuff tastes like soap, but you may come to really love it).
And now, here’s a great little video on how to prepare a green salsa (salsa verde/tomatillo salsa) – one of my favorites…. Yum.